Public holiday calendars
The public holiday calendars in the system administration -> Employees are used to show e.g. which days the company is closed and affects among other things the flex calculation and the vacation balance.
If you company has departments in several countries, it is an advantage for you to create a public holiday calendar per country to ensure the employees only receive the public holiday calendars relevant for them.
In the filter at the top, you can select which public holiday calendar, you would like to see. The icons cover different actions.
- Plus: Creates a new and empty public holiday calendar for the current year
- Pencil: Edits name and description for the public holiday calendar, which you have selected in the filter
- Copy: Creates a new public holiday calendar as a copy of the one you selected in the filter
- Trash can: Deletes the public holiday calendar, which you have selected in the filter
After creating the public holiday calendar, you can select it on the employee card under Employees -> Search employees -> Edit employee.
The selected public holiday calendar and the employee’s normal working time are used to calculate the expected work time (flex), the employee’s vacation and affects the capacity in the resource planner. Public holidays do not count as workdays and are not calculated as part of the vacation.
Public holiday calendar
Here you see the selected public holiday calendar with the holidays divided per year. You can add new holidays and edit those that are already in the calendar.
- Click New holiday
- Enter Name and Date
- In Duration, you select if this holiday is a half or full day off. If you select a half day, it means the employee is expected to work half of the normal working time for the day. You may also select to enter the number of working hours in case this is not a half or full day off
- Click Save
The days you add in this way are not automatically added to the other years in the public holiday calendar. You therefore need to create a day per year.
You have the option to import holidays to your public holiday calendars for Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Click Import holidays
- Select the country you want to import holidays from
- Select the calendar you want to add the holidays to
Select to create a new public holiday calendar and enter a new name for it
- Select from which year and onwards you want to import the holidays for
- Click Import
The system automatically imports the most common holidays and creates the public holiday calendars for you. Then you only need to enter the special holidays manually for each single public holiday calendar.
Maintenance of the public holiday calendar is crucial for the time registration in several parts of TimeLog and it should be updated around the turn of the year. The public holiday calendar is used and shown in the timesheet, the absence calendar, the personal holiday calendar and the resource planner.
In the view, you have the option to edit or delete single days for each year by clicking the pencil or trash can.