On this page, choose whether to approve time registrations and expenses as well as the level of detail for this approval.
You find the setup in the System administration -> Approval processes.
The approval of timesheets includes three options:
- None – Select this option to omit time registration approvals.
- Employee timesheets should be approved – Select this option if time registrations can only be approved by the immediate manager.
- Employee timesheets should be approved by the project manager and then by the immediate manager – select this option if time registrations must be approved by individual project managers first, then by the immediate manager.
Select individual steps to determine the number of steps in the approval flow.
Approval of expenses and travel expenses is done using the Approve expenses report in the Employees menu.
Approval of invoices and vouchers
If you mark the Show the button “Ready for booking” on drafts checkbox, you get the opportunity to mark your invoices ready for booking once you are done creating the drafts.
With this functionality, you can split up who creates the invoice drafts, and who books them, by using the user roles on employee profiles.
It is also a form for internal quality assurance in the booking period making sure that only drafts marked as ready for invoicing are booked. You thereby ensure that drafts where you are pending information from the customer do not get booked by mistake.
Rules for closing timesheets
Here you decide, if your employees should get a message when submitting their timesheets, e.g. if they still need to track time. The default selection is No rules/warnings.
You have these options to choose from:
- No rules/warnings
- Show warning on interface "Submit for approval", if the employee has registered less time than his/her standard time
- It is not possible to close the timesheet, if the employee has registered less time than his/her normal working time
- Show warning on interface "Submit for approval", if the employee has registered 0 hours for one week
- It is not possible to close the timesheet, if the employee has registered 0 hours during one week