Transfer salary data
Under Employees -> Transfer salary data, you can transfer data to your salary system.
In the filter at the top, you have several selections based on your TimeLog setup.
- Legal entity: Here you select which legal entity’s employees you would like to transfer. As default, you see the first legal entity created in TimeLog
- Pay period: Here you select which pay period the salary data should be loaded from. All employees with the selected period attached in the employee setup will be included in the transfer. Remember to do one transfer per type
- Salary group: This filter is only visible, if you enabled it in the system administration
- Salary period: Here you select which previous period you want to see data for or if you want to create a new one. As default, New salary period is selected, and the salary period’s start and end dates show in the period fields. The dates are based on the last exported salary period. The start date is locked to the end date from the last period plus one day. The end date is calculated based on the length of the latest period, and you can correct it, if you need to. As long as you have not locked the salary period, you can change the end date on the latest salary period per pay period
- Period: Here you select which period you would like to create and transfer salary data for. The start date is automatically set based on the end date of your latest period plus one day. If you select a pay period you have not transferred data for before, you need to enter both a start and an end date for the period
When you have made your selections in the filter, you click Show to the right.
It is possible to save your filters, so you do not need to set your filter manually each time you need to perform a search.
Click the small arrow next to the Show button and select Save this filter. Hereafter, you will always be able to find your saved filter, if you click the small arrow.
If you have a filter, which you wish to use as default, you can set it under Page settings (click the gears icon in the top right corner), where you can select from your saved filters. If you mark Load data automatically, then the data will show in the results list right away, when you access the page.
The list shows you the employees based on your selections in the filter.
As default, each employee is marked in the checkbox to the right. If an employee’s data should not be transferred, you remove the marking by clicking the field.
If the field to the right is grey, then the employee is missing an employee ID on the employee card in TimeLog.
If you use API integration
Click Transfer salary to transfer the marked salary data to your salary system.
Please note: If you have employees marked with yellow in the list, it means they are not linked with the salary system. You do that in the configuration in the system administration.
When the transfer is completed, each employee’s salary information needs to be approved in the salary system before the salary transfer can take place. You need to do this for each transfer.
If you use file integration
Click Generate file, and you receive a file, which you can import into your salary system. If an employee does not have an ID, the checkbox is greyed out, and the data for the employee will not be included in the file.
If you would like to export the salary data for the employee, you have to first enter an ID on the employee card and then generate a new file.
Please note: If you open the exported file in e.g. Excel before importing it into the salary system, the exported data might change. This may cause an error when importing the data into the salary system.
Remember to activate the functionality for the roles, who need access to it. You can read more about role management by clicking here.
You get a transfer status in the Integration log report.