New mileage registration
You can gather all your mileage in TimeLog -> Register -> New mileage registration no matter if you drive your own or a company car. In this way, both you and the company can get a good overview of your mileage and the associated expenses.
Depending on the settings your system administrator has made in the system, you have different fields to fill out for your registration. We list them for you here:
- Customer: Here you select the customer you would like to add the registration to
- Project: Here you select the project the registration belongs to
- Project contract: If you have several active contracts on the project, you can here select the one you would like to add the registration to. If you have marked a contract as default for expenses, it will be added automatically when you select the project
- Date: Here you enter the date for your mileage registration
- Departure from: Here you enter where you travelled from. The system automatically suggests your home address entered on your personal profile, your company’s address and the customer’s address added on the customer card
- Destination: Here you enter where you travelled to. The system automatically suggests your home address, your company’s address and the customer’s address
- Odometer start: Here you enter the number of your car’s odometer when you started your trip
- Odometer end: Here you enter the number of your car’s odometer when you stopped your trip
- Km: Here you enter the number of km you have driven. It is automatically calculated, if you have added values for the odometer
- Round trip: Here you can mark, if you have driven back and forth between the same addresses. If you have e.g. driven from home and to the customer and again from the customer to the office, you would need to create two separate mileage registrations. If you mark round trip, you only need to enter the number of km for one trip, and the system automatically calculated the distance for the round trip
- Purpose: Here you can enter a comment about the purpose for your trip
- Car: Here you select the car you used for your trip. You can select between the ones created by your system administrator. You can also create your own car via our TimeLog Mobile app
- Mileage rate: Here you can select which mileage rate to use for your registration. This field will often be hidden, as your system administrator has made central settings covering all employees
Remember to save when you have filled out all fields.
See a demo of how it works here:
You can get an overview of your mileage in different reports. If you do not have access to them all, you can ask your internal system administrator for help to gain access.
- Submit/Print personal expenses
- Data extraction: Mileage
- Mileage reimbursement