How to set up widgets in TimeLog
The widgets are designed to help organizations evolve and become more data-driven. They focus on enhancing the project controlling process and provide project managers with the tools they need to succeed.
By offering accurate and relevant widgets, the project managers are provided direct insight into the state of their projects. These widgets help answer questions such as: Are there any potential risks coming up that require immediate attention? Are there any tasks that are falling behind?
Widgets can provide insights on:
- Average hourly rate: Monitor the average hourly rate for your projects.
- Invoiced per month: Keep track of monthly invoicing for your projects.
- Project tasks completion: Get an overview of task completion rates across your projects.
- Planned absence: Stay informed about planned absences for your team members.
This feature is in preview, so for you to be able to turn it on, the System administrator must allow all users access to Preview features in the system.
How the System administrator turns on Preview features for users:
1. Go into System administration
2. Go into Employees --> User roles and rights management
3. Edit the roles that you want to allow access to Preview features
4. Add the area Preview Features, and click Save.
How to enable widgets in TimeLog
- Log in to your TimeLog account
- Click your profile icon on the top right corner of the navigation bar
- Go to Preview features
- Enable "New design", if it isn’t already enabled
- Enable “New front page design”, if it isn’t already enabled
- Enable ”“Widgets for project managers”
Note: You must have at least one project privilege in your user role rights turned on, and enable Preview features, to be able to access Widgets in your system.
Average hourly rate
With the Average hourly rate widget, you can see calculations, which take the sales value of your hours divided by the number of hours spent, and see the projects where you might be losing money.
- 0 means there are no billable hours or that you are not charging the customer by hours.
- Internal projects or nonbillable projects are not included
Invoiced per month
With this widget, you are able to see invoices from all projects where you have project manager rights (regardless of status open/closed) from current fiscal year, and previous fiscal year.
- Invoiced per month is showed in base currency.
- It only shows the project manager’s projects.
- The project data follows the user rights setup, which means that only invoices from relevant projects will be visible.
- If you haven’t configured a fiscal year yet, the default will be calendar year.
Project tasks completion
The graph in this widget shows you the completion rate of tasks according to budgeted hours, hours spent and remaining hours.
- If the value is equal to 0, then there is no budget tied to the task
- When the graph shows red, the budget is exceeded.
This widget shows the planned absence of employees allocated to the project(s) of the given project manager. Planned absence is marked as blue, regardless of absence type.
- Weekends and national holidays are marked as grey.