To create a project in TimeLog, you first need to create a customer. The reason for this is that the customer information is used to fill out relevant fields within the system and e.g. on an invoice.
Creating a New Customer
- Go to Customer and +New customer.
- Enter the Company name of the new customer.
- Enter Customer no.. If auto-numbering is activated in System Administration / Other settings / Number sequences, this field will be filled in automatically.
- Select the new company’s Customer status in the drop-down menu. Customer status indicates whether the company is a supplier, partner or customer. You can create, edit and delete customer statuses in System Administration / Customers.
- Select an Owner. The owner is usually the person in the company who manages the customer’s account. The drop-down menu lists all active users of TimeLog.
- Select an Industry Code. The industry code allows you to classify customers by industry, and thereby draw industry-specific information from the system. Industry codes are created, edited, and deleted in System Administration / Customers.
- Fill in the Contact Details in the appropriate fields.
- Information on the customer’s finances can be filled out in Finance. The VAT number, the customer’s invoicing currency, invoice templates and the terms of payment used when invoicing the customer can be added here.
- Click on Save to save the entered data. Click on Save and New to save the entered data and create a new customer.
- New Contacts can be created by clicking the link [New Contact] under Actions.
If you click the gears, you have the option to set your personal settings for the page. Here you can e.g. select which country or which currency you want filled, when you create a new customer.
You only need to select this once, and then your selection will be used for the new customers you create in the future.
You can also select a personal keyboard shortcut for customer creation.
You can always change your settings, if needed.