You and your employees can crate travels including the expenses linked hereto.
Registering a new travel
When a travel report is created, the expenses are linked to a customer and a project. The report is used for internal settlement of employees’ travel-related expenses, and to invoice a customer for travels. Meals and accommodation can be included in the report.
Find travels under registrations
- Select which Customer and Project to attach the travel expense to.
- Enter details: Departure from, Departure date, Destination and Travel Type.
- Describe the Purpose of the trip. It will appear on the customer’s invoice. Click Save to create the travel.
- The employee’s previous travels for the project will be listed in the table with Key Information and can be edited using the Action menu (ICON) and Edit to the right.
- Click the Expense Category name or the Action menu (ICON) and Edit to the right. The yellow bar shows which expense is open for editing.
Travels are registered without VAT.
- Click on the expense category Specified Expenses or the Action menu (ICON) and [Edit] to the right.
- Enter the Date of the expense, Invoice No., Expense Type, Comment, Payment Method and Cost incl. VAT. The VAT is automatically calculated.
- Click the Action menu (ICON) and [Update] to add the expense to the project.
- If the expense is without VAT, delete the VAT amount and click on the Action menu (ICON) and [Update].
- If a currency other than the default currency is used, the automatic currency converter is used to calculate the project currency. The applied exchange rate is shown in the field Exchange.
- Click on the expense category Allowances or the Action menu (ICON) and [Edit].
Travel data is automatically entered, but can be edited if necessary.
- Enter the amount of each meal type on the trip in the fields B (breakfast), L (lunch), and D (dinner).
- From the drop-down menu, select the Rate.
- Click on the Action menu (ICON) and [New] to add the allowances to the project.
The type Accommodation, unspecified is used to settle travels.
- Click on Accommodation, unspecified or the Action menu (ICON) and [Edit].
- Enter a descriptive text in the field Location and select a cost in Rate.
- Click on the Action menu (ICON) and [New] to add the specification to the project.
Allowances and accommodation are configured in the System Administration / Registrations. All fields containing black text can be edited.