The invoice content in TimeLog is build up considering the registered invoice potential on the projects. After creating an invoice draft the actual invoice is composed by adding invoice lines form the project’s registrations in the period.
Best practice in TimeLog is to use the debtor list and create your invoices from there. You can read more about how to use it and create your invoices here.
Entering the Invoice Data
- The fields that automatically import the customer data can be edited at any time.
The invoicing address can be changed via the drop-down menu Invoice address. You may also select Enter Invoice address to enter an address of your choice.
- If necessary, select an Internal Reference that the customer can contact concerning the invoice.
- The predefined Invoice Settings can be edited using the drop-down menus. Editing the Invoice Date and/or Payment Terms automatically changes the due date to match the new conditions, shown when you click Save.
- If a project is linked to the invoice, the Currency field will be locked as the project currency.
If not, you are able to select the Currency until the first invoice line is added.
- If you want to invoice a customer for several projects on one invoice, no Project must be selected.
- If the predefined Default Discount, Calculate VAT or Default VAT % are changed, it will only affect this invoice draft.
- The default settings for Heading and Message are set up in the Systemadministration /Projects / Project Invoicing.
Select Invoicing Potential
- Under the headings View and View options, select the criteria for which invoicing potential should be listed in the table.
- Select the Period for which the project registration should be shown.
- Click on Show to list the desired invoicing potential.
Adding Invoice Lines
The invoicing potential is grouped by registration types, and each post shows the invoice status form the project tasks and/or the payment plan.
- Click the Add to invoice icon on the right to add single lines to the invoice draft.
- Tick the box next to the lines that should be added.
- In the drop-down menu Select action you select how the lines should be added to the invoice.
- Click OK to complete the action.
- The ticked invoice lines will now be added to the invoice draft, and can then be edited if necessary.
Editing Invoice Lines
In the section with invoice lines Description, Quantity, Rate %, Discount %, VAT % and Amount (EUR) can be edited directly in the invoice lines.
- Click the field that should be edited and enter the new text.
- If Quantity, Rate or Amount (EUR) are edited on an invoice line which is composed of several consolidated items, the change will be evenly distributed.
- The consolidated post on an invoice line can also be edited individually.
Click the number under Items and edit the fields directly in the pop-up window.
- Click Restore registered value to reload the original project data into the invoice lines in the pop-up window.
- Click Save to add the changes to the invoice draft and return to the invoice draft.
- The invoice lines can be merged or split by ticking the box and selecting the desired action. Click OK to add the changes.
Moving Invoice Lines
You can move the invoice lines up and down on the invoice draft, if you wish to change the order of them.
- To move an invoice line, place the mouse above the invoice line until an icon is shown to the left. Grab the icon, and the cursor will change.
- Click on the line and drag the invoice line to the new placement and simply drop it by letting go of the mouse. The invoice line has now been moved.
- Click Save to add the changes to the database.
- To review the invoice, click Preview.
- If the box Include invoice specification in Preview is ticked, the original projects registrations will be listed on the following page(s).
- If you are working with an invoice with many invoice lines, it is possible to skip to the bottom with one click. Hold Ctrl down while you simultaneously drag the invoice line down, and the invoice line is moved to the bottom of the invoice.
Add extra Lines to the Invoice Draft
To create an easily understandable invoice, the draft can be improved by adding headings, sub totals, text lines, empty lines and products.
- Click New invoice line to open the additional options.
- Select the Type to be added.
- The types Heading, Sub-total, Text and Empty line can be used to add descriptive text to the new invoice line.
- The type Sub-total also sums all previous invoice lines in the columns Items, Quantity and Amount (EUR) in the new invoice line.
- The type Product, also known as an empty invoice line, can be used to add an invoice line with a value that has not yet been registered in the project.
- Select the Project and Date to add the value, and enter a descriptive text in the invoice line.
- Enter Quantity, Rate, Discount % and VAT % and the Amount (EUR) will automatically be calculated.
- Click Save to add the new invoice line to the invoice draft and update the invoice with the value of the product.
- Several new invoice lines can be added afterwards, and moved around the invoice until it has been booked.
- Click Preview to ensure that all changes and additions have been made to the invoice draft before it is booked.
- Click Book to add the value of the invoice to the value of the project.
Please note: The amounts of manually created invoice lines appear in the Miscellaneous section in the project totals and will only appear in reports which include these amounts.
If you want to add a fixed price payment, please go to the contract and add a new payment to the payment plan. Then the value is distributed correctly on the hours that you register on the project.