Debtor list – Invoices
Time and expenses can be invoiced via TimeLog's debtor list. The report lists the invoicing potential, invoice drafts, and booked invoiced by customer for the chosen period.
- Select the desired settings for the report by clicking Invoicing and Debtor list - Invoice. If nothing is selected, all approved project registrations will be shown.
- Select a Standard Period in the drop-down menu, or enter the dates directly into the fields, or find them by using the calendar icons.
- Click Show to create the report.
View options for the report
- You can choose the currency in the top, right corner of the report. If Project currency is chosen, you will not see the total row at the bottom of the report.
- The No. column shows the customer number and the Name column lists the customer name. Clicking the plus icon next to the customer number expands the table with the underlying project registrations, including project number and name. Clicking on the arrow > in the column Items shows the project registrations.
- The Work column lists the value created by the project tasks settled using T&M (Time and Material) while the column Payments lists fixed-price projects and tasks.
- The Expenses column lists registered Travels and Other (expenses) pr. project.
- The BAR (booked as revenue) column lists work which has been booked as revenue, while Total lists the complete invoice potential for each customer, and when expanded, also for each underlying project.
- The columns under Invoices list the value of current invoice drafts and booked invoice for the select period.
- Clicking on the amounts in the columns Draft and Booked opens the report Search Invoice for the current customer and project. The new report lists all invoice drafts and booked invoices for the customer or the project.
- Click on the Action menu (ICON) and [New Invoice] next to the customer name to invoice all outstanding projects with the customer. You can also click the Action menu (ICON) and [New Invoice] next to a project to invoice this project.
If you choose to click New invoice next to the report Debtor list – Invoice, customer master data and project information are automatically added to the invoice draft.
The buttons next to each project number indicate the project’s invoicing status.
- A red light indicates that the project registrations are not ready for invoicing.
- A yellow light indicates that not all project registrations are ready for invoicing.
- A green light indicates that all project registrations are ready for invoicing.
Red and yellow buttons are only a status indicator and cannot prevent the amounts from being invoiced.
One Click Invoicing
If you have an Invoicing Advanced version of TimeLog, you can also use One Click Invoicing (OCI) as a tool in your invoicing.
You need to have more settings in place, before you can start using One Click Invoicing.
- Activate One Click Invoicing in the system administration -> Finance -> One Click Invoicing
- Set up your customers with the right invoice template in the Finance When you update the customer card, you will be asked, if you want to update all active projects with the change. If you click Yes, the invoice template is added to all active projects automatically, and you do not need to set this manually on each project.
Important: If you select Yes, all invoice settings for the customer are added to the projects. Only do this, if the projects should have the same invoice settings.
If you click No, you only update the customer card and you need to update your projects manually.
- Configure the projects that deviate from the customer settings. Go through the invoice settings on each project, where you want to invoice via OCI, and that you did not update via the customer settings.
- Open your project
- Open the Invoice settings in the Finance tab
- Click the pencil to edit
- Select template at the top
- Click Save
Then you are ready to start your invoicing via the debtor list.
- Search via the filter
- Select all customers by clicking the checkmark at the top right in the results view
- Select Project in the Select action menu
- Click OK
TimeLog creates the new invoice drafts based on the OCI choices you did on the projects. Projects, where you did not choose to use OCI, are ignored in the process, and you need to create invoice drafts for them as usual.
You can follow the process for the invoice creation in the One Click Invoicing log, which you find in the reports section. Once your invoice drafts are created, you can check them in the Invoice drafts page. Here you can book all drafts with just a few clicks and afterwards transfer them to your financial system or download and send them to your customers.