In this document, you will find information about the Jira Cloud integration to TimeLog
- How to set it up
- How we transfer
- Good to know
How to set it up:
Make sure you have an active license in both Jira and TimeLog. Every employee that wants this integration needs to have an active license.
When setting up the integration, you must complete the following steps:
1. The first step is to add TimeLog app via Jira marketplace in the top menu, and click explore apps.
2. The second step is to search for TimeLog, click on "Get app", and follow the steps.
3. The third step is to insert the server and account name. The server name,you can find under System Administration> Integrations & API > Transactional API. Under "Your TimeLog API URL", you find your server name. You can also write to our support at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the server name.
4. The fourth step is to copy the server name and insert your account name and click allow access to finish the setup.
5. After the app has been added to Jira, you navigate over to your Kanban board and click on a worklog. Press on the three dots in the top right corner of the card, and then click on "time tracking".6. Here, you will be redirected to insert a token for the integration to migrate. If you do not have a token, simply press the text under the box to obtain it.7. The next step will be to retrieve the token from TimeLog. Here you will insert the desired period in which you want the token to be active in, and choose the name of the token.
8. Please copy the token ID and insert it into Jira Cloud to activate the integration.
Now, the integration is all setup and you are ready to register time.
What we transfer:
The integration between TimeLog and Jira only transfers your time registrations between each other.
Good to know:
- On submission of the registration in Jira, it will transfer directly to TimeLog, this means that if you edit a registration, you’ll have to update it in TimeLog as well manually. The same thing happens if you edit a registration in TimeLog, then you will have to update and edit it manually in Jira.
- The name of the Issue ID will be collected and inserted in TimeLog as the project name.
- The only thing you can do with the integration in TimeLog is to manage licenses in Jira
- You can only track time in Jira, so expenses, mileage, etc must be tracked and registered in TimeLog.
- When you submit a time registration, it transfers to TimeLog as a time registration and is logged in Jira as a worklog
If you wish to purchase licenses, you go under your TimeLog account in system administration or call our customer success department at +45 70 200 645 or email us at email@example.com to know more.