MS Project import
Importing your Microsoft Project files into TimeLog.
When project planning in Microsoft Project is completed, you can transfer your project plan to TimeLog via a simple export file. Select the customer and project name, and get started on tracking your time immediately, as you can import your resource management setup.
Using the import feature
- Click the link below Actions on the top right to download our MS Project macro.
In MS Project:
- Open the MS Project Export Macro.mpt file in MS Project.
- Open the project you wish to transfer to TimeLog.
- Run the TimeLog_Project_XML_ Export macro, found in MS Project 2007 under Tools -> Macros. In MS Project 2010 and later versions, go to the View tab and click Macros.
- MS Project now informs you how many tasks, milestones and allocations can be exported to the XML file that is to be imported into TimeLog.
- Name and save the XML-file where you will able to find it again. The rest of the import takes place in TimeLog.
- Browse to the XML file (not the MS Project file) under File location above.
- Click Continue.
- The file has now been sent to TimeLog.
- Specify the settings of the project.
- Click Import.
TimeLog supports project plans with up to five levels per task.
Last updated 07 Jun 2023
Please give it a thumbs up or down.
Please write a comment.